Project Architect / Construction Administrator
Internationally renowned Architecture & Interior Design firm Gabellini Sheppard Associates is seeking an Intermediate Architect and Construction Administrator with 4-6 years of experience in project team leadership, project management, and construction administration. Our mid-size studio designs a variety of commercial, residential, and art projects internationally. Attention to detail, knowledge of construction documents and construction administration, good communication skills, conceptual design sensibility, team leadership and collaboration experience, and conflict resolution skills are necessary. Architectural License and Vectorworks/Sketchup/3D-StudioMax skills a plus.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Be the prime liaison between CMs/general contractors, client/owner and AE teams
- Review and interpret construction documents
- Process, review and answer Request for Information and submittals
- Resolve problems which arise on the jobsite, coordinate bulletins to the contract documents, make recommendations, and consult client / owner on all issues related to the project.
- Monitor, review and process closeout submittals and perform frequent QA/QC construction site visits, including substantial presence at the construction site.
- Write regular field reports and distribute them to the team.
- Conduct regular progress meetings
- Write meeting minutes and track issues
- Maintain RFI, ASI and submittal logs
- Review and comment on change orders
- Maintain the quality and design intent of the project
- Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/contractors and develop construction details
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Assist in the design control/construction administration phase of the projects
- Maintains as backup to the Project Manager, direct contact with clients
- Possesses working knowledge of best practice standards and expectations
Required application materials:
- Cover Letter (please state possible state date – immediate preferred – and length of availability)
- PDF of Resume/CV
- PDF of Portfolio/Work samples (if projects were created as part of a team, please indicate own areas of responsibility)
Photography by Paul Warchol. Exceptions include: The Village at Westfield London, CityCenter Boutiques, Bergdorf Goodman 5F, Giorgio Armani Center, Birmingham Residence, Infiniti Gallery, Hover, DIFFA Dining by Design, 195 Broadway: Alan Schindler, MiMA Manhattan View: Emily Gibert, Top of The Rock, Row NYC Hotel, The Knickerbocker Hotel: Nikolas Koenig, Park Avenue Residence, 152 Elizabeth Street Condominium, and 56th Street Condominium.
The content provided by GabelliniSheppard.com
, unless otherwise noted, is copyrighted © 2016 Gabellini Sheppard Associates LLP. All use of the GabelliniSheppard.com
website is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. All materials contained on GabelliniSheppard.com
, including all text and images, are copyrighted and protected by applicable copyright laws. They may not be published, reproduced, copied, modified, uploaded, transmitted, posted, or distributed in any way, without Gabellini Sheppard Associates, LLP’s prior written consent. The materials on GabelliniSheppard.com
are provided by Gabellini Sheppard Associates LLP for informational purposes only. Illustrations, photographs, computer drawings, etc. may be the property of Gabellini Sheppard Associates LLP, or illustrators and photographers hired by Gabellini Sheppard Associates LLP, its clients and/or suppliers, and are used on GabelliniSheppard.com
in accordance with individual agreements. Gabellini Sheppard Associates does not grant any expressed or implied rights to you under any license, copyrights, patents, trademarks, or trade secret information. Use of any image (photograph, illustration, computer rendering, etc.) from GabelliniSheppard.com
requires written permission from Gabellini Sheppard Associates LLP.
Design and Development by Noë & Associates.